Add to Calendar
- 10:00 a.m. Introductions, Opening remarks, and agenda review
- (Bert Jongerden, Chairman)
- 10:10 Review Amendment 8 alternatives to address potential localized depletion
- and user conflicts in the herring fishery.
- 10:30 Discuss outstanding issue relative to which fishing activities would be impacted by the alternatives under consideration to address potential localized depletion and user conflicts in the herring fishery.
- 11:30 Review draft analysis of impacts and provide input on questions to the AP
- related to potential effort shifts from measures under consideration.
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 2:15 Continue review of draft analysis and potentially select a preferred alternative for measures to address potential localized depletion and user conflicts in the herring fishery.
- 3:30 Discuss recommendations for Herring Research Set-Aside research priorities for fishing years 2019-2021 and discuss any challenges the program has had in recent years.
- 5:00 Other Business
If you would like your written comments to be considered at this meeting, they must be received at the NEFMC office no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Please address them to Council Chairman Dr. John Quinn or Executive Director Tom Nies. Email submissions should be sent toFor information about meeting materials and detailed agenda, please consult the Council’s website at