“Lobsters, Breakfasts, Craft Fair, Parade and more.”
The Schoodic Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the 53rd Annual Winter Harbor Lobster Festival on August 12th. Please come and enjoy the activities planned throughout the day for local residents and visitors.
- Start the morning off with a Blueberry Pancake Breakfast at the Masonic Hall from 6:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. in Winter Harbor
- the 5K George Schaeffer Memorial road race in Birch Harbor registration @ 7:00 a.m., race starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Craft Fair at the school gym 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Lobster Boat races at Henry Cove 10:00 a.m.
- Lobster Dinner 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Parade on Main Street in Winter Harbor at 5:30 p.m.
Lobster Dinner includes: Lobster, corn on the cob, dessert, coleslaw, & drinks. There will be a variety of other foods available, such as coffee, muffins, sandwiches, French fries, cotton candy, kettle corn, nachos, and sno-cones. Come for a day of family fun. No admission charge.
Lobster Festival Seeking Volunteers
Help is needed specifically to set up, serve, cook and clean up after the lobster dinner, at the information and T-shirt sales booth, to assist with parking, to help set up the parade and for general town clean up when the last reveler has departed. To volunteer, call Linda Elliott at 546-2960.
Click below for links to the 2017 Festival applications.