With major issues facing Maine’s lobster industry, Your membership matters more than ever. Join or renew today. New members only $200.
Membership Renew, join or find out more about membership
Business Discounts Are you an MLA member? Check out discounts at local businesses
Business Directory Support the businesses that support us.
Monthly MLA Pages Find out what’s going on in the lobster industry!
Want to know more about what we do? Watch this short video! https://youtu.be/jExXuyosZs0
“For the past 62 years the Maine Lobstermen’s Association has advocated for lobstermen from all parts of the Maine coast. Its longevity is due to the men and women who make up its membership. Staying strong and relevant means successfully drawing new members into the association year after year..”
Read more here
MLA No Longer Provides Navigator
Due to recent Federal funding cuts, the Maine Lobstermen’s Association no longer has trained Navigators on staff. However, there are Navigators available statewide. Please see the list below for a local Navigator near you. You may also call the statewide navigator line at 1-855-806-7333.
|Maine Navigator Agencies, 2019-2018|
|Midcoast Maine Community Action (MMCA)
Contact: Melissa Kettell
Navigator based in Bath;call about appointments in Damariscotta or Rockland
The Opportunity Alliance (Cumberland County)
Contact: Kate Albert
Navigator based in Portland.
Penquis (Penobscot & Piscataquis Counties)
Contact: Teri Cucinotti
Navigator based in Bangor.
Waldo Community Action Partners (WCAP)
Contact: Penny Peaslee
Navigator based in Belfast.
York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC)
Contact: Robin Bibber*
Navigators based in Sanford and Springvale. Call about appointments
in Biddeford and Kittery.
- Tags 5k Alewives Allagash Brewing aquaculture ASFMC ASMFC Atlantic Herring Atlantic Salmon beer benefit Blueberries Boat building boat races Boats BOEM Boothbay carnival charity clams climate change coast Coast Guard Contra dance conversation Coral crafts Damariscotta dining Directors Meeting drill conductor training Eastport ecosystem Eel eels elvers enrollment festival film Fishery food free fundraiser GMRI Grant Submission deadline Green Bee Green crab. Sea Grant groundfish habitat halibut health insurance healthcare herring Island jonah crab kids event Leadership Lights lobster Lobster Advisory Council Lobster Boat lobster boat race lobster boat races Lobster Draft Addendum lobster festival lobster quality lobster roll Lobster Zone Council lobstermen Machias maine fisheries maine fishing Maine history maine lobster Maine seafood marketing MCFA menhaden mid coast MLA MLCA benefit MLMC music mussels National Lobster day NEFMC NOAA ocean conservancy Oil drilling open enrollment Otto's Pizza oyster pizza pizzza Relief Fund research Research Proposal river herring Rockland rockweed Rudy's of the Cape Safety Safety training Salmon Santa Claus Scallop scallops Schoodic Sea State lectures sea urchins seafood Seafood Expo North America seaweed Shellfish shrimp silent auction skate stock assesment Stonington surf clams Survival training sustainability sustainable fishing town meeting Trade show trucks Tuna Vinalhaven weather webinar whales yarmouth Zone A Zone B Zone C Zone D Zone E Zone F Zone G
Join the Massachusetts Lobstermen’s Association’s for their Annual Weekend and Industry Trade Show 2019
- A super exhibition of the latest goods and services that are important to the lobster/fishing industry as well as Gov. Agencies
- Seminars—Friday and Saturday
- Murder Mystery—Friday evening during dinner (6:30pm)
- Craft—make you own special oil blends for relaxation, beauty, health and more
- Cooking Demonstration Saturday
- Super Silent Auction Saturday afternoon
- The Caricature Guy Saturday afternoon
- Banquet Awards Ceremony Saturday evening
- Casino Night Saturday (9-11pm)
- Children’s activity room Fri/Sat evening
- There will be many raffles with cash prizes, free drawings and much more!
- Thurs. (1/17/19) 9:00 (vendor set up)
- Fri. 9:00am-5:00 pm
- Sat. 9:00am-5:00 pm
- Sun. 8:00am-10:00 am
The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission will hold the American Lobster BenchmarkStock Assessment Workshop at the Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries, 836 South Rodney French Boulevard, New Bedford, MA. The stock assessment,which is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2020, will evaluate the health of the Gulf of Maine/Georges Bank and Southern New England stocks and inform management of this species. The Commission’s stock assessment process and meetings are open to the public, with the exception of discussions of confidential data *, when the public will be asked to leave the room.