Stay up to date on upcoming events with the MLA calendar. We post MLA meetings, trainings, festivals and openings as well as other events that pertain to the lobster industry. You can sort by category or tags (i.e.lobster boat races). Let us know if you have something to post! 207-967-4555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary agenda items for this round of lobster zone council meetings is to discuss individual zone minimum trawl lengths and weak points, as well as next steps at the federal level.
Here are three ways to join the meeting:
If you haven’t joined a Teams Meeting before, here is some information on how to join.
- If joining the Teams Meeting from your smartphone, download the free Microsoft Teams app in advance of the meeting. You will be able to log into the app as a “guest,” and it will prompt you to enter your name. Allow Microsoft Teams to use your audio and microphone when prompted so that you will be able to participate in the meeting.
- If joining this meeting from your computer, you do not need to download the app – just click on the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” link below. When a webpage opens and asks how you want to join the meeting, click “Join on the web instead”. You can use any browser except Safari.
- Here is a conference call telephone number if you prefer to call in directly. Calling in would limit your ability to see what might be presented on the screen. 1-207-209-4724. Please see the conference ID below.
Please see the draft agenda below:
- Welcome and Review Agenda
- New Business
- Zone D Sub-Committee Presents the Right Whale Conservation Equivalency Recommendations to the Zone D Council
- Lobster Zone Council Discussion re: Recommendations
- Open Discussion re: Recommendations
- Zone D Council Position re: Recommendations
- Maximum Trawl Length – Zone authority (not through Federal Whale Plan)
- Reports & Updates – Next Steps:
- Proposed Rule/Comment Period
- Biological Opinion
- Next Meeting Date Set