31 Hampshire Street Mansfield
- The primary purpose of this meeting is to make progress on the development of herring fishery specifications for fishing years 2020 and 2021. The group will review and provide input on the Science and Statistical Committee (SSC) recommendation for overfishing limits (OFL) and acceptable biological catch (ABC) limits for fishing years 2020 and 2021. The group will provide input on the purpose and need for this action and identify a range of alternatives to be included for consideration.
- Update and opportunity for input on actions under consideration by the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC).
- Update about the status of the Industry Funded Monitoring (IFM) Amendment.
- Opportunity to provide input on the Council’s five-year research priorities related to the herring resource and fishery.
- Other business may be discussed if time permits.
If you would like your written comments to be considered at this meeting, they must be received at the NEFMC office no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019. Please address them to Council Chairman Dr. John Quinn or Executive Director Tom Nies. Email submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor information about meeting materials and detailed agenda, please consult the Council’s website at www.nefmc.org