MLA Members receive 25% off class price
To help commercial fishermen meet the Federal requirement 46CFR 270 (c) , McMillan Offshore Survival Training is offering a 1 day USCG approved fishing vessel drill conductor course. Upon completion , participants will be nationally certified to conduct the required monthly on board emergency drills. 46CFR 270 states: “The master or individual in charge of each vessel must ensure that drills are conducted & instruction is given to each individual on board at least once each month. Instruction and drills must ensure that each individual is familiar with their duties and their responses to at least the following contingencies.
- Abandoning the vessel
- Fighting a fire in different locations on board the vessel
- Recovering an individual from the water
- Minimizing the affects of unintentional flooding
- Launching survival craft and recovering lifeboats and rescue boats
- Donning immersion suits and other wearable personal flotation devices
- Donning a fireman’s outfit and self-contained breathing apparatus, if vessel is equipped
- Making a voice radio distress call and using visual distress signals
- Activating the general alarm
- Reporting inoperative alarm systems and fire detection systems.
WHAT TO BRING: In water training takes place so participants are requested to bring their survival suits. Suits can be provided if necessary for students. This course has been designed for the swimmer and non-swimmer alike. We also encourage participants to bring any equipment that they would like to review or discuss in class. ( EPIRB’s, distress flares etc.)