With major issues like Whale rules, Aquaculture and Wind Farms looming over Maine lobster fishery, you want an advocate with experience and knowledge. You want to belong to an organization that will speak up against unfair regulations. Lobstermen have trusted the MLA for over 65 years. Shouldn’t you?
Join today and show your commitment to Maine’s lobster fishery. The MLA has your back. Our voice is heard at the federal, state, and local levels. We work for our members. As a member, you’ll have access to the knowledge, experience, and committment of an organization that values and preserves the industry. And if you have never been a member, you can join now for $200.
Membership has its Benefits.
Harvester & Friends
- You and your staff will receive an annual monthly subscription to Landings
- Your business will be included on our MLA site in our Business Directory which is searchable by category
- Your business name is included in Landings monthly
- E-weekly news reports for you and your staff
- and more for Select Members!
Over 130 businesses support the MLA. Many of them offer discounts on products like bait, propellers and vessel insurance through Smithwick & Mariners Insurance. We encourage our members to patronize these businesses and thank them for their support. You can view the Business Directory and our Discounts page.
Your membership matters.
You can Join or Renew using the online form below or print and mail the this form: Harvester 2020 application
Questions? Please email or call Andi in the Membership Office at 207-967-4555.
A Voice and an Ear
- Leadership. MLA Members nominate and elect the MLA Board to lead the organization and connectwith you.
- Have questions? Concerns? MLA is listening; we are just a phone call or an e-mail away.
- Social Media. Find us on Facebook and Instagram, too!
Vessel Insurance and Discounts
- Comprehensive vessel insurance at competitive rates through Smithwick & Mariners Insurance.
- Excellent claims record and no required lay-up period.
- Covers researchers working on your vessel if you carry P&I coverage.
- 5% discount for completing the Drill Conductor course.
- Discounts at participating businesses, including MLA swag.
Health Care Assistance
- Health insurance Navigator to help you, your family, and friends understand health insurance and help you enroll.
- E-mail roundup. Weekly e-mail of the latest lobster industry news.
- Price report. Weekly snapshot of lobster, bait and fuel prices along the coast.
Got your Hat?
- Free hat and bumper sticker each year to show that you are a proud MLA member!
When you join as a:
Harvester, Harvester Family, Jr/Sr Harvester, or First-Time Member:
• Voting privileges to nominate and elect members to MLA’s Board of Directors
• MLA membership card and sticker
• Exclusive discounts at participating businesses
• Discounted vessel insurance through Smithwick & Mariners Insurance
• News compendium emailed each week, including lobster, bait, and fuel price report for the coast
• 12 monthly issues of Landings
• Free classified ads in Landings
• 10% discount on MLA merchandise
• MLA hat
• All above benefits, plus,
• MLA t-shirt
• ½ price on MLA gift membership
Sternman or Friend:
• MLA membership card
• MLA hat
• The monthly publication, Landings
• News compendium emailed each week
• Annual monthly subscription to Landings
• Searchable business listing on MLA web site
• Business name listed monthly in Landings
• Annual Business Directory insert listing in the March issue of Landings
• MLA membership window cling
• MLA hat
• All Keeper benefits, plus:
• Business listing by category in each monthly issue of Landings ($300 value)
• Advertisement in special business section in the March issue of Landings ($55 value)
• News compendium emailed each week, including lobster, bait, and fuel price report for the coast ($500 value)
Business Discount Program:
- 25% off Select membership
- Business promotion through a monthly ad in Landings and other MLA materials